Territory Care and Support Services (TCASS)
Support Worker Position Description
Permanent Part-time and Casual
Territory Care and Support Services (TCASS) is a private service provider established in 2000 to provide care, support and respite services for people with disabilities who wish to live independently within their community. Working with health professionals, government and non-government organisations, families and other members of support networks, TCASS aims to assist care recipients achieve independence and comfort in their home environment. This involves being sensitive to the specific needs of clients, understanding that people like to do some things in their own way and recognising differences associated with cultural backgrounds.
To achieve this endeavour, TCASS is committed to recruiting reliable, competent and professional support workers to meet the required service delivery standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Support worker duties include but are not limited to:
• Performing domestic duties such as cleaning, laundering, kitchen duties
• Assisting with personal care and daily routine of clients
• Following client Care Plans, assist with client’s medication
• Ensuring the health and safety of client as required
• General documentation and keeping basic records
• Working in accord to Disability Services Standards (NT) 2000
• Working under supervision
The support worker is accountable to management through the Team Leader and Operations Coordinator for the physical, emotional and intellectual needs of TCASS clients.
First year of service (Pay Point 1) rates are as follows: Pay Point 2 are higher.
Ordinary hours are 10 hrs per day. Permanent part time are paid overtime during the week and weekends if worked. Casuals are paid overtime on weekends only.
Saturdays are paid at time and a half for the first 3 hrs and then double time thereafter. Sundays are paid at double time.
Public Holidays – x 2.5
Use of own Vehicle (required prior approval) 74 cents per kilometre
First Aid Allowance (all support workers $13.52 per week)
Sleep over Allowance $60.00 per night, includes one active hour.
• Ability to work rostered hours and or sleepovers at various locations
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to follow directions or instructions and work with minimum supervision
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
• A current Senior First Aid Certificate
• A Current police check
• Understand and work accordingly with TCASS policy and procedures
• Ability to provide professional and confidential care and support
• Drivers license
• Manual handling/lifting
• Personal care training
• Challenging behaviour management
• Relevant qualifications (Aged or Disability Certificates 3 & 4) and/ or experience with people with support care needs will be highly regarded
Continuing employment of successful applicant is subject to a 3 month probationary period from commencement date.
Copyright TCASSDarwin 2013